Redwood/Pine planks glued directly onto concrete.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've got over 100 square metres of flat, concrete floor to cover and I want to make it look like a warehouse/NY loft. Found some redwood/pine boards 150mm wide of various lengths to cover it. I was wondering what anyone recommends as a method to lay it down. It's currently covered in floor tiles which though a little dirty, are very flat.
I don't like engineered wood, I want the real look, gaps, character and chips all in.

Choices seem to me:
1. Nailgun/Hilit gun/concrete nails straight down, over carpet tiles, creating dampening/underlay effect.
2. Remove carpet tiles and glue down the planks direct onto concrete.
3. Glue direct onto carpet/with the odd nail/screw to keep as a guide.

Anyone ever undertaken such a project? I've read on the forums about Rewmar/Mapei/Sika etc glues, but if anyone has any bone fide recommendations for the 'best' glue (or cheapest that actually works), I'd be very grateful. Thanks if y'all can help, you seem like a thoroughly helpful group.
Options have to be direct onto the floor as plug height means its difficult to raise the floor.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back