HELP - Cut Through Main Cooker Cable

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

Can you please offer advice, please don't laugh too loud at my stupidity!

Just fitted a new kitchen and appliances, approx 10 year old house. Yesterday I was coring a 125mm hole for the ducting from my new extractor hood. I first located a socket cable (old hood power), moved the cable clear then began safely drilling just below ceiling height...........wrong!!

The oven power cable was also coming from above and I cut clean through........some very choice language was used when the kids were out of earshot!! There is obviously now a 125mm section of cable missing. :oops:

My question is, can I repair the cable using a juction box (if so what would you recommend) or do I need the full cable replaced (which would be a nightmare). :(

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
I first located a socket cable (old hood power), moved the cable clear then began safely drilling just below ceiling height...........wrong!!

My question is, can I repair the cable using a juction box (if so what would you recommend) or do I need the full cable replaced (which would be a nightmare). :(
But it's not just a cut cable - there's a section missing, so you'd need 2 JBs, and a length of cable, and the JBs would have to remain accessible for inspection - no plastering over.

You could crimp in a new section, but really by far and away the best solution is the nightmare one, I'm afraid....

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back