help..damsel in distress!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I need to produce 9 signs of the same size, which is about 1 ft x 3 ft, to make different letters in an outdoor school used by horses. I will be painting them to finish it off, where can i get this from? and what would be the best wood to use for the job?? i have been told marine ply. thanks x

Sponsored Links
In days of old when knights were bold and damsels in distress.

Hi Damsel

I suppose you are looking for a knight in shining armour? Well I don’t think I measure up to that.

Have you considered the service of a local sign writer ? By the time you have purchased all the materials it may well be more cost effective to subcontract the complete project to a sign writer.

He will be in a position to supply you signs that are completely waterproof and all you will need to do is put them up without worrying your pretty head on what to make them out of.

Sponsored Links
You and use a WBP exterior plyboard and if properly sealed/painted (particularly the edges, then this will be OK. No need for marine ply.

If you use anything less than 18mm, then the board may twist if the sign is free standing.

An alternative may be to cut the letters out of a sheet of acylic

Incidently isn't a 3:1 ratio a bit narrow for a letter font?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back