Help Diagnosing a Damp Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
I have a damp problem in one room I am trying to diagnose. I suspect it is to do with close trees keeping part of the room in shade but I am not sure what causes damp or indeed if that would be a problem.
I've posted pictures of the trees below and proximity to the room as well as the actual damp which is mostly on the edges of the window frames as shown and at floor to waist level though very hard to photograph.
I know I need a pro to come and sort it - but want to figure out enough myself so I know what I am talking about and don't get the wool pulled over my eyes!
Any ideas?
TIA!

P1020755 by Damo2576, on Flickr

P1020756 by Damo2576, on Flickr

P1020758 by Damo2576, on Flickr

P1020759 by Damo2576, on Flickr

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
The photos don't show the damp locations in context of the building.

A tree should not touch a property as it can cast excess water onto the walls, but the walls should be water resistant in any case - especially if rendered

If that last photo is skirting, then that looks like some damp coming up or across a cavity

Its not clear where those shutters are, but again may be damp coming across a reveal (vDPC issue) or a thermal bridge from a cold external wall (ie condensation)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back