Help disconnecting and sealing small pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I currently have a third tap on my kitchen sink which dispenses filtered water, this comes from a closed reservoir bottle under the sink.

I want to remove this but it means that I would have to disconnect the water filter’s reservoir bottle which is fed directly from the water pipe under the sink. I’ve taken a photo of it (see below), it’s the red bendy pipe which feeds the reservoir bottle.

As the connection is a small one that I’m not familiar with, how would I go about removing the red feeder line and sealing the water pipe? Is there some kind of blanking plate I can buy (like when you blank off the un-needed hot water feed tap for a washing machine etc…).

All help appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
If there's enough play in the pipe, then remove it and cut across through the hole which will be left and fit a 15mm compression coupler.

turning the little handle on the valve should shut the water off to the plastic pipe

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back