Help - Discontinued shower door and missing part.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I purchased a semi frameless glass shower door from Focus DIYT (UK) a while back and just got round to installing it . As I'm fitting it into an alcove I simply bought the door (i.e: did not require side-panels, etc). Anyhow, having just fitted the door it became apparent I was missing a part. Having read through the installation manual it states "if installing into a shower alcove, a recess kit is required". I've spoken to Focus DIY as well as the manufacture but neither stock/produce the recess kit no more. It’s been discontinued... great!

The door is secured to the wall on one side by a long polish chrome hinge/bracket, however, the glass door stops short of meeting the opposite wall by a approximately 1 inch. I now need to find a recess kit or some kind of polished chrome "L" shaped bracket (approx 2 metes long) to use as a make shift recess kit. Otherwise I’ll have to purchase a complete new shower door because i'm missing this bracket.

Needless to say I’m a little pee’d at myself for putting off the install and pee'd at Focus too. Until you open the shower door packaging and read through the manual it doesn’t state anywhere an optional recess kit is required. I’ve tried the other local DIY chain stores but they’ve said I’d need to buy a new shower door as they don’t sell the bracket separately.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back