Custom shower enclosure advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m looking for a bit of advice on a shower installation. We’re redoing our ensuite and it currently has a 760mm square shower built into an alcove in the room (ie walls on 3 sides). See pic below for how it currently looks.

91639CEE-A36F-41DE-A361-42D0FBDE9E7D.jpeg

There is a small ‘wall’ built shown by the red circle, this is just plaster, nothing structural.

We want to make it a bit bigger by extending it into the room a bit, I’ve found a quadrant shower tray that is 760mmX1200mm which would fit quite well once the bit of wall circled is removed. The challenge then becomes sorting out an enclosure for it... and so arises my question to you knowledgeable people! I’ve got a plan for it below with some measurements (although note it is the mirror of our installation as it was the only stock photo on the website).

698C99BB-3AE8-46DB-A77D-68598EE0BB74.jpeg

The green line being the required enclosure (glass) The interface to the wall shown by the red square should be fairly easy to sort, as most standard quadrant shower enclosures are expected to mount to a wall at that point. However I’m not sure what options there are for mounting it at the blue square point.

Of course typically shower enclosures sit on top of the rim of the tray, which would mean they’d be likely to sit on the ‘yellow line position’. We’d also have to consider door opening too.

Has anyone come across an installation like this before and have any recommendations? Are there companies out there who can assist in providing an enclosure for this kind of installation? Any advice on methods available for fixing the enclosure to the walls?

Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Have you considered a pentagonal shower tray? Stud wall either side and standard door?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back