Non-standard shower enclosure - where to find replacement?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Apologies if this is in the wrong section, it didn't seem to fit obviously anywhere else.

I have a shower cubicle which sits on an 850 x 850 quadrant tray with straight sides - see PDF here:

http://www.railwaysarchive.co.uk/temp/shower tray.pdf

The existing enclosure is leaking due to poor sealing by the previous owner, whch has led to corrosion of the frame. I'd like to replace the enclosure, but it seems to be a non-standard size now. Google has drawn a blank.

20141027_193147.jpg

I've drawn up plans for both 800x800 and 900x900, and it seems as though neither will fit, either being too small or too large. I really don't want to get into replacing the shower tray, as this means a lot of work rejigging interfaces, extending tiling, redecorating etc.

Does anyone know whether it is still possible to get an 850 x 850 enclosure, and if so where?[/url]

Sponsored Links
I'm afraid those enclosures are for a pure radius curve type tray i.e. a tray which is 1/4 of a circle. Open the PDF in my OP and you'll see mine has straight sections at each side of the doors and a smaller radius inbetween - so the radius curve type won't follow the tray.

Looks like a Showerlux one, who have now gone out of business. You may have to rip out & replace the whole thing, but I would have thought you would have been able to strip & repaint the frames with less drastic action.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the tipoff - a version of the Showerlux company is still in business, so I'll contact them, you never know.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back