Measuring up for replacement quadrant shower enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

My bathroom already has an quadrant shower enclosure but the door is now broken so I need to replace the enclosure it, the brand of existing one is Ocesana, I'm not replacing the tray.

I looked online and the quadrants seem to come in standards sizes of 800, 900 and 1000mm. I measured mine though from the corner of shower (tiled wall) along the wall to the where the existing ensclosure met the shower tray and it was 834mm, I then measured from the corner to the edge of the shower enclosure so 45 degress across it and thats come in at 1000m, is the second measurement the one I should go with, or is it the 834mm ? Or could I just have an odd shaped shower tray and cubicle ?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I found a label on my current enclosure and now know its of a 900 x 900 mm size. I also identified that the old enclosure has a radius of 540mm, where the enclosure meets the tray there is about 1.5cm depth left to the outside edge of tray.

I've been looking at new 900 x 900mm enclosures and all of them quote a radius of 550mm I cannot find a 540mm, would I be able to fit an eclosure with a 550mm to the existing tray without it looking odd, will it just be the case that the enclosure is closer to the outside edge of the tray than it currently is ?

thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back