OK to buy shower tray and enclosure from different sources?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:confused: Hi

In your experience do "Offset Quadrant Shower Trays" brought from one source match up OK with
"Shower Enclosures" brought from another source?

I've found a Right Handed Offset Quadrant 800mm x 1000mm Shower Tray with the depth I want,
which is 100mm - and from many other sources to choose from: Right Handed Shower Enclosures 800x1000.

The problem is, most do not state what the measurements are for the straight sections BEFORE the
55 degree curve starts.

As you know on a right handed offset the 800mm side is longer than the 1000mm end.

On the tray I want to buy, the 800mm end is a 450mm straight length before the curve starts - and from
the 1000mm end it is 250mm.

I do not want to order and pay for delivery and find the enclosure does not match the tray.

I know the frame on the enclosures can be adjusted (around 20mm) but is that enough?

Your experience and help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

Sponsored Links
good luck.last tray and quadrant sent me round the bend.as the customer supplied an ex display from the green shed.Even though we didnt supply it. we still got caught up in a 14 week ordeal with the customer having to go back and forth sorting out the sheds cock up trying to match a quadrant from variuos places,to the tray.and in the end we got no thanks,even though we didnt charge extra.never again.if its not the enclosure for the tray specified.i wont bother.its not worth the hassel.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back