Shower Enclosure and Tray - anything to look out for?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just about to put in a new shower tray and enclosure.

There is a vast price difference between different models but it isn't over clear what is different.

We want a 1000 x 800 Offset Quadrant in Slate effect, with an enclosure to fit - not too fussy, but probably chrome edging.

I was looking at these:

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/10...ant-low-profile-right-hand-by-pearlstone.html

Slate effect tray for £102.14

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/april-destini-double-door-offset-quadrant-shower-enclosure.html

6mm Enclosure - £153.57

Delivery is £39.95 on top, but £300 for the complete enclosure with tray delivered seemed quite cheap - I can pay more for either item on its own.

I don't want to cheap out on it, and would prefer to get something better quality within reason, but I can't tell what differences I would get and I can't go to a showroom to test them out in the current situation.

Any advice?

I did see that some of the more expensive ones have thicker 8mm glass. I can get the same make in 8mm but it is twice the price at £300:

https://www.bellabathrooms.co.uk/april-identiti2-double-door-offset-quadrant-shower-enclosure.html

Is 8mm glass worth double the price?

Sponsored Links
I'd buy locally. I like yo fit Simpson. Not over priced but hood quality...

Do make sure you silicon the tray/tiles before you put the screen up

I'd buy locally. I like yo fit Simpson. Not over priced but hood quality...

Do make sure you silicon the tray/tiles before you put the screen up

It's difficult to buy locally and I can't view much at the moment locally. I'll take a look at the Simpson ones, thank you for that.

What do you mean with the silicone part? I'm using the shower panel PVC stuff to avoid the need for grout. I was going to silicone the the tray to the walls first, then attach the panel to the wall sitting on top of the base, then run a bead of silicone between the PVC panel and the shower tray. Then fit the screen and run silicone on the outside of the screens.

Does that sound right?

Sponsored Links
It's difficult to buy locally and I can't view much at the moment locally. I'll take a look at the Simpson ones, thank you for that.

What do you mean with the silicone part? I'm using the shower panel PVC stuff to avoid the need for grout. I was going to silicone the the tray to the walls first, then attach the panel to the wall sitting on top of the base, then run a bead of silicone between the PVC panel and the shower tray. Then fit the screen and run silicone on the outside of the screens.

Does that sound right?

Yes that sound right just silicon the panel and tray leave 24 hours before the screen goes up.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back