Shower Tray Front Panel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just had installed a standard 800mm Quadrant Shower tray with enclosure.

The plumber built the tray up on 2x4 timber to allow for the waste trap etc.

Problem is I now have a big gap underneath the shower tray at the front of the shower, as the standard shower tray I bought did not come with a front panel.

Does anybody know of anywhere where you might be able to buy a standard quadrant tray front panel? I have had a look around, and I cant seem to see anything on the net.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Depending on the colour of the tray, I normally use white upvc moulded skirting board and screw it into the tray with plastic cap for easy removal. If it made of ceramic then maybe use a double-sided foam tape or a small dab of no-nail, then sealant on top of the join to prevent water leaking behind the panel.I have not heard of standard quadrant tray front panel.

What I have done on my shower tray I use a square timber glued with no-nail onto the tray then use a L-shape fascia board upside down and screw it to the timber with caps etc.

edit:spelling error.

Thanks Masona

It is a white plastic shower tray so I think the idea of the UPVC skirting sounds the best bet

Just one question.... what are you reffering to when you say plastic cap?

Sponsored Links
Cheers Masona, I will try that. I thought thats what you meant.

I got a piece of ply that was just tall enough to fit flush between the floor and the bottom lip of the tray. Then, I fixed the same wall tiles as were in the shower room to the front on the ply - extending above the ply - and with a 90degree edging strip along the top. I drilled holes with a tile drill through a couple of the tiles (above the ply) and used these hole to screw the panel to the tray using screws with the caps that Masona mentioned.

Hope this makes sence
Paul

Your idea worked a treat Masona.

I just got hold of a piece of general purpose UPVC board and screwed and capped it to the tray.

Thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back