Shower Enclosure

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,
My son is redoing his ensuite. Done walls, ceiling, floors, tiling and installed a shower base for a frameless, hinged quadrant shower enclosure. The problem is we can’t get the enclosure to sit right and the doors to meet. Floor, walls and shower tray all straight to a spirit level. Anyone know where we are going wrong?

Sponsored Links
Hi,
My son is redoing his ensuite. Done walls, ceiling, floors, tiling and installed a shower base for a frameless, hinged quadrant shower enclosure. The problem is we can’t get the enclosure to sit right and the doors to meet. Floor, walls and shower tray all straight to a spirit level. Anyone know where we are going wrong?

i did a 900mm quadrant in my ensuite...when i had fitted the raised base and levelled it
it was a framed quadrant, however, but the doors still had to be adjusted to plumb them and then raise or lower using screws on the upper rollers..it took a lot of fiddling since raising them too far would allow the bottom tracked rollers to jump out as the doors swung in...
i think i finally deduced to set the doors so that the rollers didnt jump out but not too high
then bringing the doors together adjust either the inner upper roller screws/outer upper roller screws till i got them to meet on the magnetic closing strips...
with patience eventually they opened without jumping out of the bottom track and closed to touch in the middle and make a seal.....
you say what about the wall end...that would follow if the walls are perfectly plumb and your base is spot on level both ways and corner to outer track in the centre
then a solution might be to hang the doors to align with the wall verticals and bring the doors together
if they dont meet then the magnetic seals might be able to compensate...
a shot in the dark
hope that helps
cheers
geof

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back