Help!! Does anyone have any ideas??!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved into a new house and the heating and hot water keep going off!I have a heatline compact, it sometimes stays on for a few days and has been gradually getting worse today it stayed on for an hour and a half!!we can get it going again no problem but its very annoying as the boilers in the loft!! We can not work out what is wrong with it,it was suggested that there maybe a leak in the central heating system,so we have had all the floorboards up and can find nothing!!However we found a slight leak on the pipe to the kitchens hot water tap, would that affect it???or is the boiler just knackered??WE were told it was only installed a year ago! any help would be greatly received!!! Thank you

Sponsored Links
yes it will only top up to 1.5. and when you turn it on the presure goes right up and water then comes out of the over flow

Sponsored Links
Is it repairable?? Do I just need to get a spare part?? Please say yes??!! Is there any test I can do to see if that is the problem??

Look in FAQs on here, search for re-pressurising expansion vessel.

It has been set out very clearly in these.

Thank you so much I may be able to have a hot bath for a change tomorrow if all goes well!!! xx

Dont be fooled by women!

There is this one with rented flats with an old boilers who wants to take me out to eat instead of paying our diagnostic fee of £84.

So far she has paid me TWO fees and I have taken her out to eat twice ( and I expect a third time tomorrow! ).

tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back