Hot water tap takes ages to get hot!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I have used this forum for other problems in the past and it has always worked for me, so i am going to give this a shot as well.

We have a Biasi Riva compact M90E boiler. When there is a demand for hot water the boiler fires up and then stops a few times before starting. The hot water takes ages to get to the hot tap. Sometimes we have to turn the hot tap on and off a few times for the boiler to fire up and stay on.

The central heating is fine, when we switch the thermostat on, the boiler fires up once and stays on.

Does any one know why it does not fire up once and stay on for the hot water?
The boiler is installed in the converted loft on the 2nd floor. We have a ground floor, 1st floor and 2nd floor.

Thanks for looking.

Sponsored Links
theirs a diaverta vavle on the left hand side boiler does it make good conection with micro switch :?:

I have checked on top of the boiler and there is 2 valves with caps on the left. Both caps are on and tight. Is that what you are talking about?

Sponsored Links
On the photo in my album (boiler), is that what you were talking about? As far as my knowledge is concerned it all looks connected.

Thanks adlplumbing

I have contact the Biasi engineer and he is going to come out and have a look. I am hoping it is a simple job and doesn't cost too much.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back