Help!! Dog wrecking my newly wallpapered walls!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have just finished decorating our hallway..textured wall paper with very fine vertical lines and painted white with washable paint.

We are due to fit the new flooring this weekend but when I came home yesterday the dog got excited to see me (as usual) and jumped at the front door..in the process her claws scraped the wall just beside the front door and we now have 3 holes where the paper has completely torn away and two very obvious scrapes :eek: .

We were just going to paint the walls because we were worried the dog might dirty the walls but the plaster finish isnt good enough so we opted for the faintley detailed paper and a washable paint instead...obviously it didnt occur to me at the time that this wallpaper would be no match for our dogs claws :rolleyes: , bear in mind she is an american akita so she is hitting the wall with some force.

So please guys does anyone know if there is super heavy duty wall paper avaliable...and I dont care if its the type that needs nuked when you decide to remove it..as long as it can take on the dog..and win!

I was hoping there would be something out there that is also faintley lined so it near blends with the rest of the hall...ideally we only want to use it on the one wall beside the door but if it means changing the whole hall then thats fair enough.

My other half suggested lining the wall with a plastic sheet :confused: kinda not the look I was going for!!!

failing that does anyone want to adopt a dog :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Sponsored Links
You could always clad it in tongue and groove, coudl look nice if done well.

No wallpaper/paint combo will fend off man's best friend!

The toughest wall covering is probably lincrusta, but its expensive and difficult to hang but could be worth a look.

Maybe a clear varnish? or gardz might do it ? other than that dunno!

Best option though really is to get the walls stripped and sorted and apply a washable paint

Thanks Guys - we did think of tongue and groove but it would need to come all the way up to level with the light switch with her being so blinkin big :rolleyes:

I think I will take a look at lincrusta..if we can get a decent match to the paper we already have up then we will give it a go...fingers crossed

:idea: :idea: Or maybe I can get some padded shoes for the dog.... :D

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back