help.. ducal victoria stain......

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( help lady in distriss :( i have a lovely ducal pine 4 door side board.[well it was] just notice it now has a dent and a few scratches on :evil:
does any one know where i can get the ducal stain from or anything i can do to cover it. thanks santana :D

Sponsored Links
An old joiners trick for getting dents out is to place a damp cloth over the dent and apply a steam iron for a couple of minutes. The water in the cloth turns to steam and swells the crushed fibres in the area of the dent. It won't get the dent out completely, but it should reduce it. This process works best on unvarnished timber but you may have reasonable success on waxed pine, too. Varnish, however, can be a problem to steam through as it is relatively impervious so that would need to be stripped then refinished afterwards.

Scratches on pine firniture can often be reduced in intensity by waxing with something like Liberon Black Bison natural colour wax (or a tinted wax if your pine is stained dark) followed by gently buffing out with a lambswool bonnet on an electric drill - just go very gently and apply minimal pressure whilst moving the bonnet continuously back and forth.

Scrit

thank you so much i will have a go. bearing in mind i am a woman...laughing.... thanks santana :D

Sponsored Links
Scrit said:
Varnish, however, can be a problem to steam through as it is relatively impervious

With varnish you can leave a drop or two of water sitting in the dents (you will obviously have to take the door off), and this will often penetrate the varnish and cause the compressed fibres to swell.

If you are going to use a wax, light or mellow pine colours will be closest to Ducal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back