help.......flushing combination boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello, spent the last 2 months installing central heating in my house, used 10mm microbore system. Just had combination boiler delievered although I wont touch gas connection. I will be comissioning (or trying) the boiler. Question is how do I flush the system as is recommended ?and how do I get the flushing fluid in?. Can someone give me a step by step guide ? Also can I pour inhibitor into radiator using funnel once finished ?

My thinking was to add flushing agent to radiator via funnel, fill system, run system. Then empty system via drain valve on the Central heating flow return. Add inhibitor to radiator using funnel and then refill system.....is this a stupid way of doing it ?

thanks for any replys

Sponsored Links
Ideally you should flush the rads and pipework seperately as not to deposit any debris in the heat exchanger.
The way I do it is to use a powerflush machine.
As you know manufacturer warranty state you should flush out on commissioning.
Pete

Fluffster said:
Ideally you should flush the rads and pipework seperately as not to deposit any debris in the heat exchanger.
The way I do it is to use a powerflush machine.
As you know manufacturer warranty state you should flush out on commissioning.
Pete
If you don't flush it out it will invalidate your warranty. but then again if it isn't installed by a corgi engerneer it will also invalidate your warranty.

Sponsored Links
daz190178 said:
I will be commissioning (or trying) the boiler.
The boiler should be commissioned by a Registered Gas Installer. It is not just the gas supply that needs to be done by an RGI. Hanging the boiler, fitting the flue and commissioning should also be carried out by a competent heating engineer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back