Help, heating not coming on,hot water is fine

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:( Hiya, recently my heating hasn't been coming on, the hot water is fine, i've tried to turn on the heating on it's own, that didn't work, and tried it with the hot water but only the hot water came on, it's a 3 port valve with an actuator, any help would be really appreciated, thanks.

Sponsored Links
what make valve is it ?

quite poss the motor has failed in the actuator (top part)
on the end of the valve is a lever if you push that across it will clip in a slot and hold to give you heating for now but only give heating when the hw is calling for heat.

Wow thanks for the quick reply, it's a VU13A 3-port valve and a ML7300A actuator

honeywell smartfit.

are you getting an error code on the programmer display ?

don't worry about the first answer as that can't be done on the smartfit system.

Sponsored Links
There's no error displayed, just the normal display, and the valve is pointing downwards as usual, the pilot light isn't on but im not actually sure if it's ever been on.

useally any problem will bring up a fault code on the programmer display.
without a code it could be the actuator or the control box or the programmer not sending a signal.

as the are low voltage systems when i spoke to honeywell before that said theirs no way to check the wiring with a multi meter.

i would give this number aring free phone and ask advice as you haven't got a code coming up.
honeywell 08457 678999

let us know.

I'll give them a ring, hopefully they'll know what the problem is, its strange, thanks alot for your time and help.

all i can say is check all the leads are in properly first.
they are just like phone socket leads.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back