Help! Hive not working it’s magic with boiler.

I’ve had flats with zone valves in them. If you don’t have zone valves, then you may just need to link the switch wires together from removing the old stats.
Ahh.

I’ve even tried taking out the switch wire from thermo’s from behind the fused spur - but no joy here either.

Sponsored Links
Thanks CBW! You gave me a bit of a brainwave - turns out two zone valves and control unit hidden beneath bath. Forced open and works perfectly

• Thanks
Reactions: CBW
Glad you have managed to get it working (y)

Sponsored Links
It did seem strange, for an opentherm boiler with zone valves as far as I am aware EPH thermostats are the only ones to work as master/slave and also power the motorised valves.

You can make all sorts work, but working in an efficient manor is some thing else.

So Hive will link to TRV heads, but not designed to work as master/slave so really not suitable for a on/off zone valve zoning system, the Hive wall links to TRV heads, so get rid of zone valves and use Hive TRV heads which send a demand for heat to the wall thermostat. If you really want to use Hive.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back