Help hoover washer dryer not working

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have a Hoover hnwl3126 washer/dryer and 1 load of washing had finished and dried i then put the next load in and i have no lights and nothing works at all??? :(
i have changed the fuse in the plug and pressed the two reset buttons on the top of the machine and generally pulled all plugs and reinserted them but still nothing?
Can some one point me in the right direction as to a repair please?!!! :?: :?:

Sponsored Links
Faulty ON/OFF switch?

Is it working now? It is hard to diagnose without seeing it?

Is it no longer under guarantee?

No still not working!! :!:
The machine actually stopped midway through the drying cycle.
The warranty expired 6 months ago, the machine is only 18 months old and is the second time its broken down :mad:

Sponsored Links
Same thing happened me with a Hotpoint washer/dryer.

One of the negative terminals had blown in the on/off switch so although there was power coming into the machine, it wasn't completing the circuit so it appeared dead.

Can only advise that mine was a relatively easy replacement, even for someone who had never seen the inside of a washing machine, so well worth a look (total cost of fix - £6.01)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back