Help...hot water but no central heating

I knew there was a reason for baxi combi's being crap, there british made, pehaps baxi would like to buy rover so they can keep pumping out crap british cars nobody wants either.

Sponsored Links
Hi

similry I have HW but no CH, I can hear the pump but cant see it, the pipe vibrations don't help me locate it. The house is old the CH was installed in th early 90's. before I start ripping the floors and walls apart, Can some one advise, - will the valve be next the pump, - how closely would you exect them to be to th boiler.. Any hints to locate them would be handy... [/list]

Most comman position 4 a mid position 3 port valve is next to the cylinder & the pump is often there as well. SO if u cant see ya pump in there it my be hidden with the pump. Bit of woe. Can u see a junction box with lots of wires controling the central heating. Have u got a cylinder stat strapped to the hot water cylinder.

Sponsored Links
gazthepottertonengineer said:
sounds more like cylinder stat to me or maybe air lock in coil on cylinder but hey what do know i only work for Ba1974 system no diverter valve ,trying to help my mum who is 79 years old -bills a problemxi ?? :idea:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back