Help...hot water but no central heating

Well then Gaz

How long you been a Poxi engineer for? (potterton/baxi)

Is it true, poxi by name, poxi by nature?

Sponsored Links
traineegasman said:
gazthepottertonengineer said:
but hey what do know i only work for Baxi ?? :idea:

Sorry just found this little gem...yes you ONLY work for Baxi...next time you make a visit, let the forum know in advance... We`ll put banners up informing the rest of the engineers that `Gaz` is coming..maybe some of us will have the opportunity of kissing the hem of your gown... :LOL: :LOL:

wot ave u got 2 crow about then traineegasman, from wot i see youve dun 42 years as a plummers mates understudy, now u fink u can be a gas engineer in 8 weeks. wot a p rat.

How do u guys put up with a burk like this? slags off everyon he can, even thinks nuns r only doin a windup, and even the tories dont need poeple like him. just glad we aint got gas, hate to have him round, id stick me head in the oven first. :LOL: :LOL: (smilies to make it all ok, like he does)

Sponsored Links
I would be looking at the pump and a remote possibility of existance of a motorised valve defect. Boiler is a 552 which would suggest the installation has gravity HW and rads heat up when pump is running. Not for a minute suggesting fully pumped systems were not fitted. Three port midposition valve are extremly rare on such a system.

Does the pump run when just HW is asked for?

When in CH mode, do the rads heat up when you select HW as well?

so wots funny about that then traineeplummersmate, there are 2 position 3 port valves as well.. SEE! stick to shredding hemp insted of smoking it.

This is a confusing thread for a simple problem. Regardless of wheather the 552 is a bermuda back boiler unit or the standard wall mounted 552 if its on a 3 port motorized valve, as confirmed that it is, then just turn heating on only...turn up the room stat and push the little lever on the side across just a little bit further. If it comes on you need a new synchron motor...if not post back get your multimeter ready and we can go through the next bit.

thanks all, it was the valve motor! Nackered! Now replaced and all is well....many thanks again!

goggle said:
so wots funny about that then traineeplummersmate, there are 2 position 3 port valves as well.. SEE! stick to shredding hemp insted of smoking it.
My last post was meant for DP, wasn`t meant to be funny, just pointing out that truffers had confirmed it was a 3 port valve, sorry you couldn`t understand that, maybe you should go ona gas/plumbing course... :D :D :D :D :D :D

traineegasman said:
........ just pointing out that truffers had confirmed it was a 3 port valve, sorry you couldn`t understand that, maybe you should go ona gas/plumbing course... :D :D :D :D :D :D

Talk about sad, why do you assume people are so inept they can't see anything unless its pointed out by a plummers mates understudy of 42 years, or is it something you get taught on 8 week gas courses, presume you get automatic membership of the society for stating the bl ee din' obvious.

Pssssssst Googly, (this thread finished yonks ago) :D in case you hadn`t noticed,......... & if you`re trying to win mates on here by tearing into me, don`t bother....some other fool has already tried it.....& failed...bye, bye... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

im gonna say my 10p worth, the guy only wants to know how to fix his heating, so keep the thread on topic, this winding tgm up is what he's after. if you just ignor it it will go away (just like a bad rash ('itching').

sounds like problem with the 3port to me,

and b4 you all go on about us baxi engineers, you might have noticed that there seems to be more threads about worcester, vokera etc than about potterton. and also "WE DONT CARE" its easy work for ............. well............erm............. . . . ...crap money. we dont build them, we just fix em.

jasonvaughan said:
and b4 you all go on about us baxi engineers, you might have noticed that there seems to be more threads about worcester, vokera etc than about potterton. and also "WE DONT CARE"

And More to the point Jason the Manufacturers don't Care either, and that is why the public are getting ripped off with cheap bakebean cans designed to fail and generate maximum profit.

Perhaps between you guys you would care to post the net cost to Potty of a Suprima PCB. Shall I start the bidding at £10 maximum

if baxi dont care........why have they spent a couple of mill on a new test lab in paddiham

you will also find, that there is kak all profit in combi boilers, there are about 50 different makes in the uk being sold, so the market is too competitive.

baxi/potterton system boilers are BRITISH BUILT........

you would also be suprised that over 50 percent of my call outs are to poor instalations, which are full of crap, leaking, reverse polarity, flu's cut too short...........the list can go on. and as a company, we dont go around slaging you installers of to the customer, if we can we will contact you ourselves, and keep youre mistakes from a customer to prevent you getting a bad name......

(not pointing the finger at anyone there, just havin a rant. im sure everyone on this forum is a A* instaler)

what happened about keeping it on topic.........lol :rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back