Help how to change a PRD on a gainsborough shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, From reading pages and pages of problems with showers I now believe its the Prd i need to change in my gainsborough shower, but have no idea where to start. Please help.

Kind regards
Emma

Sponsored Links
if its the oval shaped one turn power off. take case off and where the hose screws on this connection (which contains the prd) is held in place with 2 little screws .

Its only a little ball of silicone type stuff if its tight to wall you maybe lucky and its still there

thanks for that, i am a dumb blonde... When you say swich off the power do you mean water tap off?

Does the front of shower case just pull off the wall? If the ball isn't there do I order a new PRD through gainsborough, the shower head broke, so I bought a decent one through b+q is this ok or should i order gainsborough one online.

Thanks for your help
Emma

Eh if you need to ask what turning power off is then no offence but best you get somone in. (its electricity not water)
Prd can be ordered through gainsborough, And its cause you have used a different head that prd has popped, so get proper head from gainsborough.

Now there is aline for a joke there who going to be first to say it :LOL:

Sponsored Links
thanks for that, i am a dumb blonde...
not saying anything.

When you say swich off the power do you mean water tap off?
electric
Does the front of shower case just pull off the wall?
no it will have cross head screws top bottom.

If the ball isn't there do I order a new PRD through gainsborough

or showerdoc is good on price and delivery useally nextday.

the shower head broke, so I bought a decent one through b+q is this ok or should i order gainsborough one online.
try get the original one not them cr*p ones from diy stores they are forever blowing prd's cause they restrict flow.

Thankyou, yes that was a dumb question.
Im sure i will be able to have ago now with your help and knowledge thanks again.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back