prd on gainsborough shower

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi out there can anyone out there tell me how to reset the prd on my gainsborough shower now that i have cleaned the head that was blocked. ta for any help.geoff

Sponsored Links
The prd on some gainsboro`s is a little ball of silicone type stuff that sits in a little housing on on outlet pipe just above hose connection, this is quite tight to the wall so there is a good chance it is still in the housing ,undo 2 little screws that hold pipe in place and if it is there just push it back in,

Word of warning any restriction in hose or head will pop this out and best to use head and hose kit supplied even thought they look cr#p

Holy thread bump !
My PRD has just activated.
With the shower head removed and just using the hose,water still comes out of the PDR.
If I remove the hose it doesn't.....but the hose appears clear,it's currently soaking in a bowl of white vinegar to be sure.I even removed the filter and that didn't help.
Does the PRD have to be replaced once it's gone off ?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
I didn't realise the ball clicks into a socket.Now I've done that it's working ok.Hopefully permanently,if not I'll get a new PRD.
Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back