Help How to remove double sided tape from floor tiles

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

We are having a carpet fitted soon and the current felt backed carpet has been put down with double sided tape onto brown floor tiles as its a solid floor in a flat. I have tried to lift just a smell section up to inspect and its pulled one of the tiles up and in most parts the double sided tape is still stuck to the tiles.

I am planning on fitting the gripper rods ready for the carpet fitter with Rapidbond Carpet Gripper Adhesive. I guest I have to remove all the tape from the tiles before I fix down the gripper rod with the above adhesive or would it be ok to stick onto the double sided tape that has left on the tile.

Also what is the best and cheapest option to secure the tiles back to the floor if they do come up

Chris

Sponsored Links
Many Thanks. Worked well.

But I am now worried about 6 brown floor tiles which lifted up when I removed the tape and broke into bits. I am worried these have asbestos in. They are solid brown with no pattern in them and was fixed down with some black stuff

Chris

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back