Floor Tiles & Asbestos

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have been removing some carpet today which was stuck down with double sided tape. On removing parts of the carpet about 6 brown floor tiles came away from the floor and then broke into small bits. I am now not sure if these tiles have Asbestos in but they are a solid brown with no pattern and are 9" x 9" and was stuck down with some kind of black glue.

I am just worried now that I have exposed myself when all the tiles broke into bits infront of me.

Chris

Sponsored Links
It's less then 1% if there is any in it. You will be ok.
If taking them up wet the floor 1st

Many thanks. So I have nothing to worry about when the 6 tiles all broke into bits infront of me and I picked them up and put in a bin bag and I even got a dust pan and brush to sweap the whole room after and the area where the 6 tiles broke without thinking but the tiles did not seem brittle at all. They seem bendy to me.

Should I just stop worrying.

SO is it less than 1% for all tiles. My dad says he has removed them for years without any issues, I Noticed the old owner had even drilled them as well to fit door bars but I have not drilled them and wont.

I have no plan on removing anymore etc. They just came up with the dam carpet.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back