Help identifying part

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

I'm having a bit of trouble trying to find a replacement part for a door I have in my bathroom.

The door is the kind that folds in the middle. On the top of the door there is a part with a spring in that keeps the door in it's runner. This seems to have broken and the mechanism drops out of the runner. I was just wondering if anyone knows what this part is called (picture below)

2013-05-23-08.38.09.jpg

Thanks in advance,

Tom

Sponsored Links
You need to look for sliding door gear but unlikely you will find a direct replacement you may be able to find a replacement kit.

Can you repair it? Looks like a small bit of plastic has broken off just under the washer at the top. Maybe gluing or screwing something appropriate in place will be enough?

Sponsored Links
Can you repair it? Looks like a small bit of plastic has broken off just under the washer at the top. Maybe gluing or screwing something appropriate in place will be enough?

I'll have a go at gluing it up and see what happens.

Thanks for the ideas. :)

If I have to repair something like this because it's not replaceable, then I usually try to put a couple of steel or brass pins in it to strengthen the glue line. A bit of panel pin works OK, and you can use the pin itself as a drill bit if you cut the head off first.

To try a repair find a washer the same diameter as the broken rim, heat it and slide it into position, it will heat weld and should be stronger than oringinal.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back