Help identifying tap/how to replace cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Does anyone happen to know the model/make or how I should go about changing the cartridges on this tap? I took the top off the tap and was confronted by a setup that doesn't seem to resemble the countless youtube videos I've watched.

I've got an intermittent drip from the mixer tap but of course don't know if it is the hot or cold (I'm assuming cold as the boiler doesn't fire up when it is dripping?).

Attachments

• tap1.jpg
    tap1.jpg
    131.4 KB · Views: 65
  • tap2.jpg
    tap2.jpg
    122.2 KB · Views: 61
Sponsored Links
Make sure you take/leave on the white plastic piece, as you could end up with too the wrong one.

Sponsored Links
1. The brass coloured hexagonal shape is essentially a nut, as in "nut and bolt". It unscrews anti-clockwise (looking down on it) using a spanner. The flat sides of the hexagon are know as flats.
2. Don't forget to isolate the water before taking the tap mechanism (often called a cartridge) out.
3. A small leak won't use enough water to fire the boiler.
4. I'd replace both hot and cold. If one has gone the other is unlikely to be far behind.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back