Problem removing tap cover to change ceramic cartridge

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a dripping kitchen mixer tap and I need to replace the ceramic cartridge.... I have done this before on a different tap....

My problem is that I can not get to the cartridge on this tap.... I understand that I should be able to remove the tap cold cover by turning anticlockwise or pulling - but it wont budge...!

The tap is no longer in manufacture and Magnet do not even know who made it... Here is a picture.

Please help

Sponsored Links
Is there another allen key grub screw accessible through one of the 'knob' holes?

That would be my guess too.

If not, it'll just be a case of pulling or twisting a bit harder than you've already tried.

It looks to me that the three grub screws are what secures the er cover to the spindle which will be splined. I think it should pull off, perhaps with a little judicious levering. Good luck.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies.....I think brute force is required, will give it a go.

I think it should pull off too. :rolleyes:

Yea, try sliding a small screwdriver in the gap and try levering it off at the same time as pulling and wiggling with your other hand.

Hope that makes sense. :eek: :confused:

Thanks again....boiling hot water and a bit of wiggling with a screwdriver did the trick..

Cheers :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back