Help!!! Immersion Heater elson Coral e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have Elson Coral e immersion boiler which have 2 elements in it. One for ECO7, heating the water overnight. Second for the boost.

problem is that my econo 7 element is not working. I have checked the element by swapping the connection and its working fine. Only does not work on econo 7 I have checked the power of econo 7 at night by tetster which shows power indication on live and also tester lamp glow on neutral also. Is there any problem in the wiring as normally lamp does not glow on neutral side. No timer or any thing in the air cupborad only two power on/off sockets one for boost and other for econo7.

Please help

SA

Sponsored Links
sounds like the neutral connection is broken somewhere.

Yeah, if you get a "live" indication on the neutral it sounds like an open neutral somewhere. Make sure circuit is safe to work on & check your neutrals all down the line.

Exactly which wires did you swap over to test the E7 element during the day?

Sponsored Links
sounds like the neutral connection is broken somewhere

Yeah, if you get a "live" indication on the neutral it sounds like an open neutral somewhere. Make sure circuit is safe to work on & check your neutrals all down the line..

Why does it sound as though the neutral is disconnected if it "appears" live.

I am assuming tester lamp is a neon screwdriver, in which case it would glow on the neutral side of the a working element.

If it is an incandescent lamp connected between live and neutral, and neutral was disconnected, then the lamp would not glow...I don't follow your logic, unless i have missed something - not unknown !

Induced voltage in a conductor not tied down to 0V/earth....

I'll bet a moving coil voltmeter between N and E would show nothing.

(PS - Neutral is a live conductor ;) )

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back