Help - I've got a horrible noise from my Galaxy Diesel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:cry: I suppose it serves me right for buying a Ford Galaxy, but my TDI has just developed a horrible deep throaty noise. It only occurs at lower revs, and probably dissapears once I go above 1800 rpm. When changing gears it almost sounds as though there is a backfire or a misfire.

The exhaust is sound, and the noise occurs when stationary, not in gear and without the clutch depressed (though I am).

Any ideas - can it be a misfire with it being a tdi - I don't even know if a tdi has spark plugs . Could it be a turbo fault as the noise disapears at 1800 revs (can the turbo jam open).

any pointers would be useful

cheers

corskey

Sponsored Links
Diesels are tops.....until you get this sort of problem. Thier is not much you can actually check yourself. No they do not have sparkplugs. Some things you could try are airfilter, diesel filter and all engine/gearbox and exhaust mountings. Some of the actual engine componants can be pricey and for this reason I would take it to garage for a check, rather than second guessing and fitting the wrong bits. Sorry to sound negative but it will be cheaper for you in the long run.

But some do have glowplugs, not that this is relevant to this problem.

Sponsored Links
Back