Help. Klober dry verge - 2 sections have fallen off

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I have plastic klober dry verge edging on my roof. Last night 2 half tiles blew off on the edge and the 2 sections of verge have come off too. Does anyone have any good tips to fit the plastic bits back on? The sections which came out are about 4 tiles from the bottom of the roof.

I am hoping that the sections can be fitted in without removing all the other ones up to the ridge of the roof where the cover fits where both verges come together?

I have read the klober fitting instructions and they start at the fascias and pin in up to the top of the house then fit a cover, this would involve removing alot of the verges. Will they bend out to allow us to pin the bottom one underneath when working upwards.

Any help appreciated.

Fluff

Sponsored Links
Hi guys

I got a roofing contractor from my work round this morning.

He has cut a partial tile and refitted the rescued tile and just cemented them in at the moment without the verge. He will come back in the summer to take off all the plastic verge On this side of the house and refit it with screws rather than nails. As I thought, the roofer said we cannot fit the 2 sections in as they slot in to the piece below and then nailed in place.

He also said there is nowhere to nail/screw the verge into so needs further investigation.

It cost £65 for 3 hours work for 1 person to cut a tile and refit 2 tiles plus cement them in place. Is this a normal cost for a job like this?

I hate to think what the cost will be to strip and refit the whole verge.
:eek:

Hi guys

I got a roofing contractor from my work round this morning.

He has cut a partial tile and refitted the rescued tile and just cemented them in at the moment without the verge. He will come back in the summer to take off all the plastic verge On this side of the house and refit it with screws rather than nails. As I thought, the roofer said we cannot fit the 2 sections in as they slot in to the piece below and then nailed in place.

He also said there is nowhere to nail/screw the verge into so needs further investigation.

It cost £65 for 3 hours work for 1 person to cut a tile and refit 2 tiles plus cement them in place. Is this a normal cost for a job like this?

I hate to think what the cost will be to strip and refit the whole verge.
:eek:

It's a bargain for that amount of time for two fitters. What were they doing for the other 2 and a half hours? ;)

It was only one guy. My hubby's was the ladder holder. :)

Btw would you know if the verges should be screwed in? He wants to remove them all and refit on one end of house. I don't have a prob with this if it needs done (.probably wise considering 2 fell off).

How many hours labour do you think to remove and screw them all back in again assuming the wood is still sound for them to be screwed into.

Thanks

Fluff

Sponsored Links
Were the caps retrofitted to a mortared verge or were they fitted to the timber laths that extend out from the roof (no mortar)?

Hi

They were retrofitted. The tiles have been cut back and mortar removed. The roofer had a prob yesterday trying to screw the bottom end of the exposed verge onto the fascia (to try and stop the wind catching it until the summer). He ended up covering it up with tape.

When the tiles were cut back, should the fitters have put an additional length of wood in for the verges to be secured into?

Thanks for any advice you can offer.

Fluff

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back