Help Making Own Fitted Office from Kitchen Units?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had this idea for a while, must finally get down to planning and starting! But seek advice on sourcing matching laminate doors and worktop.

Idea is to use readily available kitchen items to keep it cheap as possible - and for things I can't easily make myself such as moulded\laminated doors and worktop. An example; B&Q have a Contemporary Walnut range. Doors look "spot on" for an office. Will make carcases myself out of Conti-board, as kitchen ones too tall. Looks ideal to buy a few 500mm draw-line packs (doors then only 600mm high) and use draw fronts for.... well draws :) Each pair only costs £17 - no brainier considering cost? Matching decorative end panels can then be used to make own "open" display cabinets\shelves. Matching pelmet and cornice then to finish off.

Issue is with worktop!!! Obviously don't want granite effect, and even flat black still makes it look like a kitchen! There is one or two B&Q so-called Walnut laminates, but they're a different shade to the doors and not intended as a match. They looked about the best so far.

Anyone know of any company that may supply and source matching laminate doors and worktop etc for such projects? Worktop will need to be 900mm wide breakfast bar - want the extra depth - then route one preformed edge off.

Cheers,
Neil

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back