Kitchen cornices and pelmet: make your own?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am doing a cheapo kitchen refurb, replacing worktops and unit doors.
I got some cheap doors in a B&Q sale a couple of months ago. The style is "traditional oak".
However, stuff like pelmets, plinths and cornices are full whack. About 30 quid for 2.4 m. Scandalous.

So, I'm thinking of cheaper options.

plinths -- I will just repaint the existing black ones. No problemo.
pelmet -- Under the wall units. The existing ones don't match the new doors.
cornice -- On top of the wall units. The existing ones don't match the new doors. I was thinking of trying some oak-effect coving.

Any ideas? Or will it be less hassle to just stump up for proper matching cornice & pelmet?

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
the one before that they where thats when I bought mine could have been slightly earlier though I bought all the kitchen through there sales a bit at a time, Mine is still in the attic waiting to be fitted work tops in the garage though to heavy to put in the attic

Sponsored Links
the one before that they where thats when I bought mine could have been slightly earlier though I bought all the kitchen through there sales a bit at a time, Mine is still in the attic waiting to be fitted work tops in the garage though to heavy to put in the attic

Ok, thanks. I might ask them at B&Q when they are next having a sale. Given the credit crunch, this could be anytime soon...

Mike

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back