Kitchen kick boards: cheap options

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Any ideas for cheap fascia/kick boards for kitchen base units?
The sheds charge 30 pounds for 2.4 m strips that match the doors. Even for my small kitchen, I would need two of these.The boards are 150 mm x 15 mm.
My new kitchen doors are B&Q "traditional oak". My existing black kick boards match OK colour-wise with the new doors, but the boards look very shabby. I have tried respraying them, but they still look poor.

Thanks
Mike

Sponsored Links
4x8 sheet of oak faced mdf around £80
cut into 6 strips of 8" or 7 strips of nearly 7" or 8 strips off 6" around £10 a length

Make sure you seal the bottom edge that has contact with the floor to avoid water soaking into the chipboard/MDF . 8x4 sheets cut down are defintely the way forward.:cool:

Make sure you seal the bottom edge that has contact with the floor to avoid water soaking into the chipboard/MDF . 8x4 sheets cut down are defintely the way forward.:cool:
Thanks, but it doesn't make financial sense.

2 x 30 quid for B & Q boards; or
80 quid for MDF sheet.

Mike

Sponsored Links
Thanks, but it doesn't make financial sense.

2 x 30 quid for B & Q boards; or
80 quid for MDF sheet.

Mike

you could try oak coloured laminate flooring!!!

Can't you just use some standard 150mm melamine faced chipboard in a dark brown or black colour?

just how cheap do you wanna go mike?

i have some off-cuts of roofing ply that are about the same size. :rolleyes: :LOL:

don't spoil the ship............ ;)

Can't you just use some standard 150mm melamine faced chipboard in a dark brown or black colour?

That would be ideal.
Any idea where I could buy some in black? The sheds only have these in white or brown chestnut-grain effect.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back