Matching kitchen cupboard doors?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone

I Bought my house a couple of years ago and working through bits and pieces and next up is the kitchen. I do not really have the budget to get a whole new kitchen fitted and to be honest the kitchen I have is quite nice even though it is 17 years old (built with the house) some of the doors look horrible with big scratches which can't be fixed. I have found it impossible to find replacements that match the existing door colours. I found a label on a unit and tracked the company who use to make them and everything but no joy for replacements.

I have been advised to do like a "face lift" and replace all the doors which I am not sure if that will be much cheaper than a new kitchen. Any ideas on how to get replacements for this existing kitchen? Are there companies who will match colours (is like a light brown wood effect) ?

Any help appreciated thanks.

Sponsored Links
It isn't that difficult to make faux Shaker style doors yourself - the parts could be sawn to size from 12mm and 6mm MDF - and then you'd be able to finish them in any colour you like as a DIY project. Typical cost including painting should be under a tenner a door.

Alternatively it may be possible to sand and fill the existing doors before repainting them yourself.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back