Pine Skirting Boards with Oak Kitchen

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am just about to fit a Howdens Tewksbury Oak Kitchen (Beech Carcasses) and first need to fit skirting boards. Oak skirting is out of the question so I have just been looking at Pine Skirting boards at about £30 for about 9 metres. What stain / varnish should I use for the skirting board to get the best look up against the Tewksbury Oak Kitchen?
I know I'd never be able to pass the Pine off as Oak and have been advised that most wood goes with most wood but I'd like to match them slightly.
P.S. I have just laid a Montana Beige Ceramic Tiles from Homebase.

My local suppliers are:
Wickes, Focus, B&Q, Homebase, Travis Perkins and a local Builders Merchant call RGB.

TVM

I'll upload some pics if anyone needs them

Sponsored Links
Pine can turn ugly orange very quickly when you apply a natural finish. Try Golden Oak HardWaxOil (normally for wooden floors but frequently used for skirtings too).
Available in 0.25 ltr tins too - instead of the 1 ltr tins which will be way too much ;)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back