kitchen unit heights

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
What do people use 1400 high units for?

The kitchen I wanted was discontinued while I was making up my mind, so I bought a pallet of the clearance doors, plinth, cornice etc. Among them were five doors 1393 high.

I just measured height from worktop to top of wall units, and it is 1500, so I suppose I could use them to make tall cabs with cornice on top, but when I open the doors, they will knock stuff off the worktop. Unless they are full-depth with no worktop. The doors are panelled solid walnut and it is not practicable for me to cut them down.

Sponsored Links
ah, like a built-in dishwasher or something

No, they are generally the same height as a base unit, or sometimes shorter (e.g. the "drawer" type by Fisher & Paykel). I've seen 1395 doors on built-in fridges a couple of times

Sponsored Links
I mean, you might have a tower with a dwr, or drawers, up to worktop height (but no worktop), then a 1395 cupboard above. But it would be deeper than an ordinary wall cab.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back