kitchen wall unit height

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
This seems the best place to ask this.

Having a new kitchen delivered tuesday, I'm fitting it - see my thread in "your projects".

But what height above the worktop should the wall units be placed at?

I have measured it out on the wall (kitchen is B&Q) and it looks like the wall units will be 450mm above the worktop (if they are placed so the top of the wall units is the same height as the top of the tall larder unit which I assume will look best!). Does this sound right?? The old kitchen only had one wall unit and it was a lot higher than that.

Our lass will love lower wall units, she's only little!

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Check the hight required for any extractor hood as manufacturers have minimum height clearance for these, but otherwise you can place a little lower for the person spending most time in the kitchen, mine are placed a little low as the wifes a short a rse.

You are correct in aligning the wall units with the tall larder unit or otherwise you would have a problem fitting the cornice (if you have chosen to fit it) to run across the top of the units.

DAZB is spot on . If you have a tall larder unit then this dictates the height of the wall units. ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
If its 'Cook and Lewis' tall larder and wall units...... 1380mm from the top of the base units to the top of the wall units.

If its their 'IT' range........ 1200mm from top of base units to top of wall units.

(minus 38mm from above measurements from top of worktops.)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back