Kitchen Corner Units

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey,

Is it possible to get hob/half height style ones, rather than full height.

I have a touch of the stairs creeping into one corner of the kitchen which stops me from using a corner unit, so I thought about building out the wall enough (maybe 200mm) under them to enable me to use a corner unit.

I'd only make the wall the same height as the unit so the worktop still goes all the way back.

One concern with a full height unit is it would stick out too much and most likely render the worktop unusable.

The only other thing I can think of is use 2 hob units to make a corner, but obviously the actual corner will be inaccessible.

View media item 61318
This is the other leg of the corner unit. The 300 wall unit will be bought forward as well to line up...

View media item 61319

Sponsored Links
I know what you mean! Doesn't help being 2D.

Basically, the red triangle in the first image is the stairs. To put the corner unit there as is would mean only fixing on one leg of the corner unit and it would leave a gap behind the order leg (the gap is the greyed out box).

As I want a 300 unit next to this (against the leg that has the gap behind it) I'd need to bring the wall out, to effectively give me a deeper wall unit.

My concern would be the wall and corner unit would then stick out too much at head height.

I hope that clears it up!

Sponsored Links
Nope - still didn't understand second time around either :confused:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back