Kitchen Base Units - Offset?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm replacing my kitchen which is U shaped with base units all round except where the integrated dishwasher will be. The current layout at the end of the U is Corner unit, dishwasher, sink unit, 200mm open unit, then the other corner unit. What I am replacing with is exactly the same with exception to the 200 open unit - that is now going to be a 150mm pull out spice rack. There will be a void between the spice rack and the corner post so rather than using a filler piece here I was wondering if anyone has ever offset the base units either side with a batten running the length of the wall, say 25mm each side, as I think I would rather a small 25mm fillet at the end of each run and slightly wider worktops than have the fillet next to the corner post.

I don't mind having to have wider worktops as they will be templated by the stone company anyhow so won't affect me from that perspective.

Any other ideas obviously welcome!

Sponsored Links
I would first check that the 25mm doesn't have a knock on effect anywhere, ie water pipes electrics etc..
Lay it out on the wall of you haven't already where unit ends fall.
Sink position will change slightly so check that area won't be hitting a end panel.
50mm isn't that large. Sounds like a lot of expense for 50mm :)

Keep the 50mm gap, put in a couple of battens to form a shelf above the kick panel and use it store a couple of trays (y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back