B&Q kitchen gloss white clad on end panels align door to cornice or panel front edge?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I’m fitting a B&Q Santini / Gloss white slab kitchen, I have matching clad on end panels for the wall and base units. This is more in regard to the wall units as I have the 790mm type clad on panels that stick protrude above and below the wall cabinet so that you don’t have to mitre the cornice/pelmet. My question is: due to the slight bevel on the end panels front edge, where it meets the cornice/pelmet edge I have to sit the cornice/pelmet back by around 3mm so that it does not show the cut end of the cornice/pelmet. so because of this 3mm depth difference between the cornice/pelmet and the end panel front edge should I align the door front to the end panel or to the cornice/pelmet? Reason I ask, is that If I align to the end panel edge the cornice/pelmet will sit back from the front door edge but, If I align to the cornice front edge the end panels will stick out from the door edge.

Thanks for reading and hope that all makes sense!

Sponsored Links
I'd cut end panels to the same height as unit, set it back 5mm from natural (front of) door line and then run cornice and pelmet inline with the doors and end panel return.
A shortcut of saving a mitre is not really worth it if it makes the finish detail look wrong.

Just my opinion.

I'd cut end panels to the same height as unit, set it back 5mm from natural (front of) door line and then run cornice and pelmet inline with the doors and end panel return.
A shortcut of saving a mitre is not really worth it if it makes the finish detail look wrong.

Just my opinion.
The 790mm end panels are designed so the cornice can butt against them but if one wants to mitre return to the wall , then a matched replacement cabinet end panel is available .
The end panel the op has used is also wider than the end of the units so it can be scribed to the wall to hide any gap caused by out of true walls.
litl

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 5,271
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 8,338
Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The 790mm end panels are designed so the cornice can butt against them but if one wants to mitre return to the wall , then a matched replacement cabinet end panel is available .
The end panel the op has used is also wider than the end of the units so it can be scribed to the wall to hide any gap caused by out of true walls.
litl

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this is the only help I could find for this marletti gloss white slab kitchen.

I have the same coŕnice/pelmet. I also have the oversized end panels with the curved front.

Are the pictures the best way to install this combination?

I am an amateur diy chappie forced to do this myself because of my budget.

Some completed images or advice would be really good please.

Thank you for the forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back