Cooke and Lewis clad on panels - advice needed...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Fitting a C&L Carisbrooke kitchen from B&Q - mostly straightforward but I'm a bit at sea with the clad on panels (only done one kitchen before, not a pro but reasonably competent diyer) in terms of how they should be cut and overlap the cab carcase - scant info with the packs. Here's what I think - I'm looking for you to correct me if I'm wrong -
For base units - panels should go to floor and be flush with top of base unit - panels - for frame doors panels should be flush with front of carcase.

For base units, since I plan to fit pelmet all round the tops, panels should be flush with top of cab. This will leave an overhang at the base. I could trim that but I'm thinking I could leave it to conceal lighting - any reason why not? Panels should be flush with front of cab also.
Any advice gratefully received.

Sponsored Links
I've used this picture to understand the style of the units/doors:
0.jpg

On the base units the panels run from the floor to the top edge of the units, and the front edge is level with the front edge of the finished unit with doors on. As it is a framed style this will be level with the frame, so add 20mm to the front edge of the carcase and treat that as your finished front. There is an example next to the cooker in the picture above.

For the wall units it all depends what type of pelmet and cornice you intend to fit. Looking at the pictures the range cornice is angled so the top of the panel will be flush with the top of the unit.

The pictures don't show a separate pelmet under the wall units but the bottom framing does look to be larger than usual so is it built in to the frames? E.g. are the frames designed to underhang the units to create a pelment? Either way, to get the style shown in the picture you would cut the panels to be the same height as the frames (not the carcase), ensuring any trimming is done on the top edge where it won't be seen, and the front edge would be level with the carcase + 20mm for the frame.

Note that the advice about the wall panels is based on them being straight panels - the picture shows some curved box panel which, I expect, would be supplied to size.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back