Howdens Kitchens Pelmet Rail Height?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi;

I am just about to mount my first wall unit and have noticed that we forgot to order the pelmet rails or conices that sit under and on top of the wall cabinets.

My first cabinet is butted up against a side wall and I will be fitting a decor end panel to prevent the door from scraping on the wall, however the decor end panel is higher than the wall cabinet and I dont know exactly where to position it because I do not have a pelmet rail or cornice.

Its 17:30 and Howdens is shut and I need to get cracking?

I could just screw it on so that it overhangs equally on top and bottom.

Sponsored Links
im in the middle of fitting an oak kitchen from howdens at the moment with the same sort of end pannels,i have levelled the bottom of the panel with the bottom of the wall unit and clamped it,then marked the top over hang,transfer the marks to the over side(so any splitting is covered)then screwed the pannel on.hth.

From your post I presume you have cut the end panel height to match the carcass?
That is one option I was looking at but until I get the pelmet rail and cornice I wasn't going to commit to chopping the end panel.

I'm a bit unsure about the Cabinet hanging Brackets as well, I have put them up but they seem a bit small? I have fitted them using 2 1/2 Inch 12 Guage Screws and Wickes Extra Strong Nylon Plugs, if I fit a pelmet I may also run a batten along the bottom to provide a bit more support (just in case).

Do you have pelmet rails and cornices for your kitchen (mine is a Tewksbury).

Sponsored Links
yes,this 1 has been cad designed so i have to install corniche and pelmets and the way the illitrastions are they flow round the carcass hence why i cut them done to the same size as the cabinets,
i alsways over engineer the fixings for the brackets for wall cupboards,i have even on some occasions used 3" no 10s screws with brown plugs.
on this 1 im fitting ive used 2" no 10s with red plugs(walls are good).

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back