Help me find out how to use my thermostat in my new house!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have just moved house and the central heating system is a british gas one (the radiator thermostatic valves and the thermostat on the wall in the kitchen both have British Gas logos on them).

The problem I have is that the thermostat on the wall has a SAVE button on it as well as the temperature wheel. When I turn the central heating on via the timer, there is an LED on the thermostat that flashes and the heating does not come on. If I press the SAVE button on the thermostat the heating comes on and the radiators get warm.

The thermostat does not have a model number on it. All it does say is ES1 in the bottom left hand corner.

Can anyone tell me how I can get the heating to come on without having to press the SAVE button every time?

Thanks
Ade

Sponsored Links
Ask BG..Ithink they call themselves house.co.uk :?: or google `em ;)

I tried calling British Gas and they promised to get someone technical to phone me back. That was Friday and I am still waiting!

Are there any Central Heating Engineers out there who have ever come across a thermostat with a Save button on before who can help me? :(

Sponsored Links
I'd guess the stat uses the temperature that it's at when you press the Save button. If you want a different temperature you would need to do something different, like press the button twice or hold it down longer. Can't be THAT hard to work out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back