British Gas ES1 Room Thermostat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have a British Gas ES1 Room Thermostat which was originally fitted by British Gas along with my old boiler. The boiler has now gone to the great scrap heap in the sky and the new Ideal C40 boiler works even better than the old.
However my room thermostat has a `Save` button which flashes before allowing the boiler to come on (hang on all those who know the answer) but pressing the flashing button makes it come on right away. Now, the problem, if I don't press the `Save` button it carries on flashing, not for 15 mins or half an hour but 16 hours later when the timer turns off for the day the damn thing is still flashing ... I am hovering over the thing with my trusty claw hammer do I let it live or administer the coup de grace?
Any helpful advice would be good except someone telling me that if I wait for 15 minutes it will go off (It NEVER does) or set my timer 15 minutes earlier both these little gems came from the British Gas ?help?line where I certainly gave them more sound advice then they gave me although I do not believe that anyone can fit an Ideal boiler into their rectal cavity ... now look, all this has made me a rude boy again, sorry, its just the flashing light makes me do crazy things ...

Help

Sponsored Links
Maybe too late for this thread but may help someone in the future.
I've been swearing at this ES1 thermostat for a few hours now, linked to a UP2 timer, only seemed to come on at full temp! I found the front temp wheel can fit on in 3 positions. Pulled it off, refitted a third of a turn round and now works fine - at around 20 degrees. Must have been seeing the incorrect temperature!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back