SPLIT: Adeellis stat

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I too like Adeellis, a couple of years ago, have now moved into a property with an ES1 unit. If I am reading the messages correctly, I just set the timer for 15 minutes before I want it to come on. Do I then press the Save button, or should I have pressed that first?

Cheers

Your post has been split, please read the forum rules.
The post you replied to is 2 years old

Sponsored Links
Hi Bigmart.

The ES1 thermostat delays the start of the heating by 15 minutes. The button over-rides this function. So.

1. If you want the heating to come on immediately - press the button
2. If your heating is timed, set it to start 15min earlier and leave the button alone

OR

3. Buy a Drayton RS1 room thermostat, undo the two screws and replace the unit, no wiring involved.

I'd go for the third because they cost about a tenner in B&Q -- Make sure its the RS1 though....

The original post was old one.
But I assume this is just a push button for instant heating, does it also turn off if its pushed again?

penpusher said:
3. Buy a Drayton RS1 room thermostat, undo the two screws and replace the unit, no wiring involved.

I'd go for the third because they cost about a tenner in B&Q -- Make sure its the RS1 though....

Thanks penpusher.

Undo the screws on the ES1? Replace it with the RS1? How does it work? Does it send out some sort of radio signal?

Cheers

Sponsored Links
no radio signals, just a delay. Both the ES1 and RS1 have same wiring baseplate so essentially your just replacing the little pcb thaty works the relays. It really is a simple job and doesnt require anything more than the ability to use a screwdriver. PLEASE REMEMBER TO ISOLATE ELECTRICS BEFORE CARRYING OUT THIS REPLACEMENT - SAFETY FIRST!!!

Hi

I know this is an old post, but could the Drayton RTS1 be used to replace an old BritishGas ES1 ?

Also if I did that would there be an improvement on the current miserable stat performance? (When turning the knob to the right to click on and then to the left to click off, the difference between the two clicking point is about 10-15 degrees !)

Thanks in advance if anyone knows this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back