Help me find the piece I need!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My outside water source is one of these:

However the male end is 1" / 26mm not 15mm.

I want to connect this type of basic tap:

I've concluded I need a 'female to female' brass adapter (reducer?) to connect my existing outlet to the new tap? I know one end of the adapter needs to be 1" / 26mm (i.e. the end that will connect to the existing wall outlet) however what's the tap size i.e. the size it needs to connect to? The website for the tap refers to A size 15mm and B size 1/2".

So, what size reducer do I need? 1" / 26mm reducing to ... what?

EDIT: Is this what I'm looking for?

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The male thread is 3/4 BSP on that appliance valve.
You should remove it completely, extend the pipe work to a wall plate elbow ,and fit the garden tap to that.

The male thread is 3/4 BSP on that appliance valve.
You should remove it completely, extend the pipe work to a wall plate elbow ,and fit the garden tap to that.
Cheers, but if I didn't want to do that at present, would the reducer I've linked to do the trick as an interim measure?

the 15mm refers to the compression fitting on the washing machine isolator and its 3/4 to 1/2 bsp which is a pain...why not just replace the isolator with a standard size one 15x15 only £2.75 - you only have to unscrew the compression fitting on the isolator and screw on a new one, bit of 15mm pipe and a wall plate for your tap so that your 1/2 bsp tap will screw into it.

see https://www.screwfix.com/search?search=wall+plate+15mm#_=p and https://www.screwfix.com/p/isolating-valve-with-handle-15mm/89226

as you can see a reducer is nearly as expensive as doing it properly.... but the washing machine isolator will be a pain to seal properly as its designed for a washer seal. But if you want to then might help.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
The fitting linked by martygturner is not what you need ,neither is the one suggested by yourself.
You would need female 3/4 to female 1/2 inch ,and it's not the way to do it really !!

The fitting linked by martygturner is not what you need ,neither is the one suggested by yourself.
You would need female 3/4 to female 1/2 inch ,and it's not the way to do it really !!
I've probably confused matters by posting the first link showing the compression valve. Mines is 1" / 26mm (not 15mm), so what I'd need is a female 1" to female 1/2"?

I know it's not the correct way but I just need something fashioned together (soon) to facilitate using the outlet more easily.

I've probably confused matters by posting the first link showing the compression valve. Mines is 1" / 26mm (not 15mm), so what I'd need is a female 1" to female 1/2"?

I know it's not the correct way but I just need something fashioned together (soon) to facilitate using the outlet more easily.
You are the one who is confused ,the THREAD is 3/4 BSP. It is not 1 inch. Putting a ruler across the diameter will measure 1 inch,but that's not how BSP threads are measured.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back