Help me understand UFH actuators… (idealy 0-10v proportiona)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
(I am thinking of using them with a radiator based system with lots of zones, so will not have the thermal mass of the floor to even out the response.)

I know that there are 3 types, 240v, 12v (or 24v) and 0-10v proportional.

Firstly I have seen that at least some actuators take 3 minutes to open when they are powered. How does such a slow response allow a TPI thermostat to work, or any thermostat to keep the temperature constant in a room?

How do I control a proportional actuator, it seems that standard thermostats don’t support them?

Given a choose I would like a fully wired system, as I don't trust wireless to remain pain free and the building is at a stage where putting wires in is easy.

Sponsored Links
Firstly I have seen that at least some actuators take 3 minutes to open when they are powered. How does such a slow response allow a TPI thermostat to work,

Depends on the controller. Decent ones learn the actions and respond accordingly.

How do I control a proportional actuator, it seems that standard thermostats don’t support them?

You don't.

You're over thinking things.

Evohome.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back